Easy Lasagna Stuffed Peppers Recipe Is Full of Italian Flavors by Sarah Amona
All the flavors of lasagna are stuffed inside healthy bell peppers. How good does that sound? And while the ingredient list looks long, this lasagna stuffed pepper recipe is easy to make.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 21 ounces lean ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 4 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh brown mushrooms
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- To make the meat sauce, in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat, brown the ground meat with onion, minced garlic and garlic salt. Drain excess grease. To the pan, add tomatoes. Mash the tomatoes into meat until they are crushed and broken up. To the sauce, mix in tomato paste, mushrooms, oregano, basil, parsley, bay leaf, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered about 30 minutes.
- To make peppers, preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Slice bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove ribs and seeds. Place pepper halves on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove peppers from oven. Fill each pepper with 1/4 cup tomato meat sauce.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese on top of the meat sauce in each pepper cup. Pour an additional 1 tablespoon meat sauce on top of the ricotta cheese. Top each pepper with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove peppers from oven. Top each pepper with 1 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. Bake 5 additional minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Saucepans $10 & Up
Garlic Salt $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Dried Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Dried Basil $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.