This Bulgarian Potato Recipe (Patatnik) Has a Surprisingly Refreshing Ingredient by 30Seconds Food
Patatnik is a Bulgarian potato recipe made with grated potatoes and onions, and mint. Back in the day, the dish was cooked over an open fire, but now most are baked in the oven.
This easy patanik recipe makes an interesting and tasty side dish. Give it a try tonight!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, grated
- 2 onions, grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dried spearmint or dried mint
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
Here's how to make it:
- Put the grated potatoes and onions into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the dried spearmint, oil and eggs. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered round cake pan, cast iron skillet or round casserole dish. Press to flatten the mixture, the sprinkle with the flour and dot with the butter.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 45 minutes.
Tip: Put the onions in the refrigerator to get cold before you grate them for less tears.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.