Tennessee Onions Recipe: This Tennessee Onion Casserole Recipe Is Cheesy & Addictive by 30Seconds Food
Tennessee onions are simply sweet onions (think Vidalia) baked with garlic and lots of cheese. This easy Tennessee onion casserole recipe can be served with any protein or even used on burgers. Chopped fresh herbs can be added for freshness. After one bite of this easy casserole recipe, onion lovers will be jonesing for the next.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 - 3 whole sweet onions, sliced into 1/4- to 1/2-inch rings
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- garlic salt or garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Here's how to make it:
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the onions in the pan. Sprinkle the onions with garlic salt or garlic powder and black pepper, to taste. Dot the top with the butter. Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and casserole has started to brown.
Note: If you use garlic powder, you may want to add a little salt. But be careful because the cheeses are already salty.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.