Tennessee Onions Casserole Recipe: A Cheesy Casserole Recipe for Onion Lovers by 30Seconds Food
Tennessee onions are simply sweet onions (think Vidalia) baked with garlic and lots of cheese. This easy Tennessee onion casserole recipe can be served with any protein or even used on burgers.
The sliced onions are put into a casserole dish and seasoned with garlic salt or garlic powder and black pepper, then dotted with butter and sprinkled with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. If you use garlic powder, you may want to add a little salt. But be careful because the cheeses are already salty. The onions are baked in the oven for about 30 minutes or until hot, melted and bubbly. Mmm!
Chopped fresh herbs can be added for freshness. After one bite of this easy onion casserole recipe, onion lovers will be jonesing for the next.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 - 3 whole sweet onions, sliced into 1/4- to 1/2-inch rings
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- garlic salt or garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Here's how to make it:
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the onions in the pan. Sprinkle the onions with garlic salt or garlic powder and black pepper, to taste. Dot the top with the butter. Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and casserole has started to brown.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Garlic Salt $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Tennessee Cookbooks $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.