This Open-faced Polish Sandwich Recipe (Zapiekanka) Is Classic Polish Street Food by 30Seconds Food
A zapiekanka, also known as Polish pizza or Polish open-faced sandwich, is made with a baguette, mushrooms and onions. There are variations of the Polish street food, and other toppings can be added like ham or pickles.
Traditionally, the finished zapiekanka is drizzled with ketchup and served hot. Try this easy zapiekanka recipe tonight for dinner.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 1 baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 small white onion, sliced
- 3 cups grated gouda cheese (you could use mild cheddar or a combination)
- ketchup, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the mushrooms and onions and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the baguette halves onto a baking sheet. Top with the mushrooms and onions. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until bread is toasted and cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with ketchup, if desired, before serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.