Amazingly Rich Beef Stew Recipe Without Potatoes (Low-Carb & Keto Friendly) by 30Seconds Food
No potatoes in this easy beef stew recipe. Carrots and tomatoes are the stars of this rich beef stew recipe. The amazing broth starts with canned beef broth and is enriched with Worcestershire sauce, onion, celery, garlic and herbs. This is one flavorful beef stew! And because this is a beef stew without potatoes, it is lower in carbs and keto friendly.
This hearty beef stew recipe can be made in a slow cooker or on the stovetop. Directions for both are included. Serve mashed potatoes, herbed boiled potatoes or fried potatoes on the side along if you are not watching your carbs, or with a fresh salad.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 to 8 hours (slow cooker) and 2 to 3 hours (stovetop)
Total Time: 7 to 8 hours or 2 to 3 hours
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (more if needed)
- 2 pounds stew meat
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, diced
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
Here's how to make it:
- To make in the slow cooker, heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the beef, in batches, and cook until well browned on all sides. Put into a slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients. Cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours.
- To make on the stovetop, heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the beef, in batches, and cook until well browned on all sides. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 2 to 3 hours.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $20 & Up
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Stewed Tomatoes $2 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Thyme $3 & Up
Rosemary $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.