Skinny Beef Taco Casserole Recipe With Cauliflower Rice Is a Family Pleaser by 30Seconds Food
"I’m one of those people who absolutely adores a bubbly, warm, cheesy casserole baking in the oven on a cold day. This 'riced' cauliflower taco casserole is a TOTAL family pleaser!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®.
If you're trying to eat healthier in the new year, add this easy cauliflower rice taco casserole recipe to your recipe box. Instead of rice and tortilla chips like in some taco casseroles, this one uses cauliflower and black beans. So healthy and delicious! Serve this skinny taco casserole with a side salad.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 medium/large head cauliflower, riced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- juice of 2 fresh limes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup water or beef bone broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar (10 ounces) crushed organic tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- fresh chopped cilantro, diced avocado, and/or chopped green onions
Here's how to make it:
- Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse a few times until it resemble rice grains. (Don't over process or you'll just have mush.) Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the ground cumin, lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, sea salt and pepper. Toss cauliflower rice until well coated with the oil and spices. Transfer the seasoned riced cauliflower into an oiled 13x9-inch baking pan.
- To make the beef, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, for about 8 minutes. Drain excess grease. Add in all the spices and water. Cook while stirring until mixture starts to bubble.
- Add in the black beans and crushed tomatoes and stir well to combine.
- Top your cauliflower rice evenly with half of the ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with a thin layer of shredded cheddar cheese, then repeat with meat and finish with cheese.[img[
- Cover and bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until rice is tender and casserole is bubbly. Garnish and serve warm with chopped cilantro, avocado, and/or chopped green onions.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.