Cauliflower Rice Taco Casserole Recipe: A Fun Take on a Cheesy Ground Beef Taco Casserole Recipe by 30Seconds Food
"I’m one of those people who absolutely adores a bubbly, warm, cheesy casserole baking in the oven on a cold day. This 'riced' cauliflower taco casserole is a TOTAL family pleaser!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 medium/large head cauliflower, riced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- juice of 2 fresh limes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup water or beef bone broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar (10 ounces) crushed organic tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- fresh chopped cilantro, diced avocado, and/or chopped green onions
Here's how to make it:
- Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse a few times until it resemble rice grains. (Don't over process or you'll just have mush.) Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the ground cumin, lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, sea salt and pepper. Toss cauliflower rice until well coated with the oil and spices. Transfer the seasoned riced cauliflower into an oiled 13x9-inch baking pan.
- To make the beef, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, for about 8 minutes. Drain excess grease. Add in all the spices and water. Cook while stirring until mixture starts to bubble.
- Add in the black beans and crushed tomatoes and stir well to combine.
- Top your cauliflower rice evenly with half of the ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with a thin layer of shredded cheddar cheese, then repeat with meat and finish with cheese.[img[
- Cover and bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until rice is tender and casserole is bubbly. Garnish and serve warm with chopped cilantro, avocado, and/or chopped green onions.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.