Luby's Crunchy Fried Fish Copycat Recipe: You Don't Have to Stand in Line by 30Seconds Food
Who doesn't love Luby's fried fish? Come on, admit it. There's just something about going through a cafeteria line and getting that crispy fried fish with tartar sauce. Now you can make it at home with this easy Luby's copycat fried fish recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 cod fillets
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/3 cups finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- oil, for frying
- tartar sauce, for serving (here is Luby's copycat tartar sauce recipe)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Put the flour into a bowl. Put the cracker crumbs into another bowl. In another bowl, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, salt and pepper.
- Dip the fish into the flour, then into the buttermilk, then into the crackers.
- Place the fish fillets into the hot oil and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels before serving with tartar sauce.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Side Dish Bowls $10 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Saltine Crackers $1 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.