15-Minute Crunchy Pan-fried Tilapia Recipe for the Win by Ann Marie Patitucci
My husband and I both love fish (and the health benefits) and are always looking for new fish recipes. Our boys, however, are not fans (with the exception of fish sticks!), so we’re also looking for ways to get them to eat fish.
This pan-fried tilapia recipe works well for everyone (see the picky eater hack at the end).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (I tend to use slightly more than 2 tablespoons)
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, halved lengthwise
Here's how to make it:
- Combine panko and parsley on a plate. Mix egg and milk in a bowl.
- Dip each fillet in the egg/milk mixture. Shake off the excess. Lightly dip each fillet in the panko/parsley mixture. Sprinkle each side lightly with salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add fillets and cook until golden brown on the outside and no longer translucent in the center, about 4 minutes.
- Turn and cook until the other side is golden brown on the outside and no longer translucent in the center, another 4 minutes. Serve immediately or keep warm in the oven at 200 degrees F. Serve with tartar sauce, vegetables and the starch of your choice.
Picky Eater Hack: Cut a couple of the fillets into strips and prepare as directed above. Serve “fish sticks” with a few sauces for the kids to try: ranch, ketchup and Cajun dipping sauce for a little kick.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.