Chicken Soup Recipe for the Soul: This Classic Chicken Soup Recipe Has an Intense, Flavorful Broth by Julie Potiker
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 7 hours
Total Time: 5 to 7 hours
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 2 onions
- 2 parsnips
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- hot cooked noodles, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chicken into a large stock pot and cover with water. Season with salt and pepper. Boil for about 45 minutes, skimming the foam that collects at the top off as it cooks.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring back to a gentle simmer and cook 4 to 6 hours (or overnight) to create an incredible broth.
- Remove the chicken and debone. Remove the carrots to a container. Put the broth into the refrigerator for a few hours so that the fat rises to the top. Remove the fat.
- When ready to eat, put the broth back onto the stove. Add the chopped chicken and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. You can add the noodles to the soup before serving or serve the soup over noodles that are in a separate bowl.
Note: If you have leftover soup with the noodles in there, you may need to add more broth when you re-heat.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Stock Pots $10 & Up
Noodles $1 & Up
To-Go Soup Containers $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.