Pie Plate Apple Crisp Recipe: This Sweet & Simple Apple Crisp Recipe Is Too Good Not to Share by Ann Marie Patitucci
My mom (who the grandkids call Mimi) bakes the best apple crisp recipe. Truthfully, I love just about everything she cooks and bakes, but I especially love her apple crisp, and crisp recipes in general. There’s so much to love:
- They’re easier (and quicker) to bake than pie. No rolling pin needed!
- Kids can easily bake with you (and will happily be your taste testers).
- No eggs needed. Have you ever been all set to start baking only to realize you were out of eggs? No problem with this recipe! Also, if you have been looking for egg-free recipes, here you go!
- Warm, delicious comfort food, especially during the fall and winter months.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 7 - 8 large apples, peeled and diced (Mimi likes Golden Delicious or Honeycrisp, but it’s your preference)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (either light brown sugar or dark brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Here's how to make it:
- Layer the apples in a pie plate.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter (butter last), to create a crumb mixture (you may want to use your hands for this). Once everything is well mixed, sprinkle crumb topping evenly over apples.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 30 minutes or until apples are soft and tender. Allow apple crisp to cool slightly. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (I prefer ice cream).
Note: When selecting your apples, be sure to choose a firm apple that will hold its shape after baking and won’t turn all mushy on you!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pie Plates $6 & Up
Dark Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.