Lemon Ginger Chicken or Turkey Soup Recipe: A Tangy, Fresh, Nutritious & Delicious Chicken Soup Recipe by 30Seconds Food
"We LOVE leftover roast turkey or chicken at our house! Almost always becomes soup the next day – and many of you know my love for soup!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "It’s filling, inexpensive, nutritious and creates several meals for a few days! This recipe for turkey or chicken soup is tangy and fresh tasting, which is unexpected and SO appreciated throughout the colder months!"
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 45 minutes
- 3 medium shallots, diced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups leftover turkey or chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and sliced
- 2 3-inch pieces ginger, peeled and grated on the microplane or minced
- 2 fresh lemons, zested and juiced
- 8 cups turkey broth, chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley or cilantro
- 4 green onions, sliced
- sliced jalapeño
- lemon slices
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Sauté the shallots, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients, except for the garnishes. Simmer over medium-low heat, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Taste test and add sea salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve the soup hot with lemon slices, and garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro, jalapeño and green onions.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Microplanes $7 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Turkey Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.