Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe: This 30-Minute Enchilada Soup Recipe Is My Jam During Colder Months by Elizabeth Van Lierde
Simple, flavorful soups like this chicken enchilada soup are my JAM during the winter months. I love a dish that is hearty, but still healthy. It also lets me have dinner on the table in just a half hour – this soup truly does it all! If you want this soup to be reeeeally thick and creamy, add in 1 cup of heavy cream at the end. This will make the soup more of a creamier base if that’s what you’re after!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 - 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chiles
- 12 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 1 can (14 ounces) white beans (cannellini or navy beans), drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 ripe, fresh California avocados (1/4 avocado per bowl)
- crumbled tortilla chips
- crumbled cotija cheese
- chopped cilantro
Here's how to make it:
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add in the onion and bell pepper and cook until onion is translucent and bell pepper is tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add in ground cumin, chili powder and salt. Stir mixture together and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- To the stock pot, add green chilis, enchilada sauce, shredded chicken, white beans and chicken broth. Bring mixture to a simmer and then cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes to marry the flavors together. Serve with fresh avocado slices, crumbled tortilla chips, cotija cheese and fresh cilantro.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Everyday Entertaining: 110+ Recipes for Going All Out When You're Staying In by Elizabeth Van Lierde $20
Dutch Ovens $10 & Up
Stock Pots $10 & Up
Green Enchilada Sauce $2 & Up
Cannellini Beans $2 & Up
Navy Beans $2 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $1 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.