Creamy Golden Beef Stroganoff Recipe: An Easy Version of the Classic European Stroganoff Recipe by Ann Marie Patitucci
Beef stroganoff (stroganov) is a rich meal made up of sautéed pieces of beef served in a savory sauce. Stroganoff originated in Europe in the mid-19th-century and has since become popular across the globe, with myriad variations of the original recipe.
The stroganoff dinner recipe often prepared in the U.S. today consists of strips of beef filet with a mushroom, onion and sour cream sauce, served over rice or egg noodles. This is my mom’s recipe and I love it because it’s not only delicious, but also easy to make!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
- 1 can (14 ounces) Campbell’s Golden Mushroom soup (NOT cream of mushroom)
- 1 pound round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup water
- rice or egg noodles (I prefer egg noodles)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Cook the onion over low heat until browned.
- Add the meat until brown and tender. Leave the juice from the meat in the pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer on low for about 45 minutes. Serve over rice or egg noodles.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.