Best Rum Cake Recipe Ever: This Boozy Vanilla Cake Recipe Is Easy, Moist & Unforgettable by Donna John
Needing another dessert for Christmas last year, my friend shared her easy rum cake recipe with me. Thank you, friend! This is the easiest cake to prepare, smells heavenly and is moist and full of vanilla, butter and rum flavor.
This delicious rum cake dessert recipe will be a new family tradition, for the holidays and beyond. I don't even associate it with the holidays anymore because I've made it so much. It adds a tropical feel to the cooler months and a festive feel to summer gatherings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 to 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour (approximately)
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Butter Golden)
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white rum or spiced rum (I used spiced rum)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white rum or spiced rum
Here's how to make it:
- With an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water and rum. Beat well.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan (one that holds at least 10 cups). Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake bakes, combine the butter, sugar and water in a saucepot. Bring to a boil, stirring, until everything is melted together and combined. Turn off the heat and stir in the rum.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, pour the glaze over it while it is still in the pan (my friend likes to poke holes in it first).
- Let the cake cool, then unmold onto a serving platter.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Bundt Pans $8 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Yellow Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.