Slow-cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe: A Skinny Cashew Chicken Recipe for the Crock Pot™ by Sarah Amona
Put that wok and oil for frying away! This easy cashew chicken recipe cooks in a slow cooker, so you have time to do other things while it becomes delicious. And it's a healthier version with less sugar. Perfect!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 1/2 to 3 hours
Total Time: 2 1/2 to 3 hours
- 1 1/2 pounds (24 ounces) chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar ketchup
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 packet stevia or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ounce cashews, chopped
- sliced green onions (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, if desired. Brown chicken in the skillet, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 4 minutes. (It will continue to cook in the slow cooker.) Add chicken to the slow cooker.
- To make the sauce, combine soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, sweetener of choice, garlic and ginger in a small bowl. Pour the sauce over chicken. Gently toss chicken with sauce to coat.
- Cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Since the chicken is browned in the skillet first, it doesn't need a lot of time in the slow cooker. This method results in moist, chunks of chicken. If you want the chicken to be shredded in texture, you can use whole raw chicken breasts and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Then shred the chicken with a fork after cooking.
- Garnish with cashews and sliced green onions.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $20 & Up
Lite Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
Reduced Sugar Ketchup $3 & Up
Stevia $4 & Up
Ground Ginger $3 & Up
Cashews $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.