Crispy Cheese Wafers Recipe: This Savory Gluten-free Wafer Recipe Is Not Your Typical Christmas Cookie by Tabitha Jones
Nope, this is not your typical Christmas cookies recipe! This delicious cheese wafers recipe is savory, spicy, gluten-free and the perfect holiday snack recipe.
This recipe is super easy to make, and a delicious alternative for the holidays, or anytime!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 17 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 27 minutes
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, at room temperature (shred your own, it’s less greasy that way)
- 1 stick butter (4 ounces), softened
- 1 1/2 cups 1 to 1 gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pecans, halves or pieces (whatever you have on hand)
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (Always preheat when baking anything you want crisp.)
- Dice up the butter a bit and shred the cheese and just leave it to soften for an hour (if you haven't already), then cream it a bit with your electric mixer.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix. (You’ll end up needing to finish the mixing by hand.)
- Take a rounded teaspoon full of dough and press into a patty shape. Press a pecan half into the top.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Wire Baking Racks $7 & Up
1 to 1 Gluten-free Baking Powder $4 & Up
Pecans $4 & Up
Cayenne $2 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.