Crispy Cheese Wafers Recipe: This Savory Gluten-free Wafer Recipe Is Not Your Typical Christmas Cookie by Tabitha Jones
This recipe is super easy to make, and a delicious alternative for the holidays, or anytime!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 17 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 27 minutes
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, at room temperature (shred your own, it’s less greasy that way)
- 1 stick butter (4 ounces), softened
- 1 1/2 cups 1 to 1 gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pecans, halves or pieces (whatever you have on hand)
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (Always preheat when baking anything you want crisp.)
- Dice up the butter a bit and shred the cheese and just leave it to soften for an hour (if you haven't already), then cream it a bit with your electric mixer.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix. (You’ll end up needing to finish the mixing by hand.)
- Take a rounded teaspoon full of dough and press into a patty shape. Press a pecan half into the top.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Wire Baking Racks $7 & Up
1 to 1 Gluten-free Baking Powder $4 & Up
Pecans $4 & Up
Cayenne $2 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.