Turkish Salep Recipe: This Hot Milk Recipe With Cinnamon Will Warm You Up by 30Seconds Food
Salep is a hot drink made with milk and cinnamon, and thickened with salep flour, which is from the tubers of an orchid (Orchis). This hot drink recipe is popular is Turkey. Here's an easy salep recipe for you to sip on at home. If you're intrigued but don't want to purchase sahlep powder, buy a premade salep drink mix.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon sahlep powder (you cold substitute cornstarch)
- granulated sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cinnamon sticks, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the milk, sahlep powder and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Pour into two mugs. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Cinnamon Sticks $4 & Up
Salep Drink Mixes $6 & Up
Cornstarch $1 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.