5-Ingredient Cavatelli Recipe With Sausage & Broccoli Rabe: A Delizioso 30-Minute Italian Sausage Pasta Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds broccoli rabe, ends trimmed and chopped
- 12 ounces cavatelli pasta or your favorite short pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the sausage and cook until sausage is cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- While the sausage cooks, cook the broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling, salted water for about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the broccoli rabe with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Add the pasta to the same boiling water and cook according to package directions until al dente, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the chopped broccoli rabe, cooked pasta, about 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and the Parmesan cheese to the sausage. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish individual servings with a dollop of ricotta cheese, if desired, and more Parmesan.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.