5-Ingredient Cavatelli Pasta Recipe Is Ready in Less Than 30 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
It's crazy how packed with flavor this easy cavatelli pasta recipe is, especially since it has just five ingredients. Cavatelli pasta is cooked with Italian sausage, garlic, cheese and broccoli rabe to create a dinner the whole family will devour.
Cavatelli are small pasta shells made from semolina or other flour dough. Some say the pasta looks like mini hot dog buns. When making homemade cavatelli, some add ricotta cheese into the dough mixture. We've used pre-made cavatelli pasta for this easy 30-minute recipe.
If you're not a fan of broccoli rabe or can't find it, you could substitute broccoli, broccolini, spinach or kale. Use regular, mild, sweet or hot Italian sausage.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds broccoli rabe, ends trimmed and chopped
- 12 ounces cavatelli pasta or your favorite short pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the sausage and cook until sausage is cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- While the sausage cooks, cook the broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling, salted water for about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the broccoli rabe with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Add the pasta to the same boiling water and cook according to package directions until al dente, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the chopped broccoli rabe, cooked pasta, about 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and the Parmesan cheese to the sausage. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish individual servings with a dollop of ricotta cheese, if desired, and more Parmesan.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cavatelli Pasta $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Pots $10 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.