5-Ingredient Cavatelli Pasta Recipe: A Winning 30-Minute Pasta Dinner by 30Seconds Food
It's crazy how packed with flavor this easy cavatelli pasta recipe is, especially since it has just five ingredients. Cavatelli pasta is cooked with Italian sausage, garlic, cheese and broccoli rabe to create a dinner the whole family will devour.
Cavatelli are small pasta shells made from semolina or other flour dough. Some say the pasta looks like mini hot dog buns. When making homemade cavatelli, some add ricotta cheese into the dough mixture. We've used pre-made cavatelli pasta for this easy 30-minute recipe.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds broccoli rabe, ends trimmed and chopped
- 12 ounces cavatelli pasta or your favorite short pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (optional)
- If you're not a fan of broccoli rabe or can't find it, you could substitute broccoli, broccolini, spinach or kale.
- Use regular, mild, sweet or hot Italian sausage.
- If you can't find cavatelli, you can substitute penne, rotini, fusilli or your favorite short pasta.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the sausage and cook until sausage is cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- While the sausage cooks, cook the broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling, salted water for about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the broccoli rabe with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Add the pasta to the same boiling water and cook according to package directions until al dente, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the chopped broccoli rabe, cooked pasta, about 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and the Parmesan cheese to the sausage. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish individual servings with a dollop of ricotta cheese, if desired, and more Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 42.4g
Saturated Fat: 13.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 35g
Dietary Fiber: 1.6g
Total Sugars: 0.1g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.