Easy Ghoriba Bahla Recipe: A Crunchy & Crackly Moroccan Shortbread Cookie Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Ghoriba bahla are crunchy Moroccan shortbread cookies that are flavored with sesame seeds. Many ghoriba bahla recipes have ground almonds in the dough, but this recipe uses almond flour instead. Serve this easy ghoriba bahla cookie recipe with a cup of tea or coffee.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk or nut milk (if needed)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flours, baking powder, salt and sesame seeds. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar, butter, oil and vanilla together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Knead into a dough, adding the milk if it's too stiff.
- Form the dough into small balls and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Almond Flour $6 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Sesame Seeds $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.