Easy Prime Rib Recipe With Vegetables: A Spectacular Prime Rib Recipe for Christmas Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Who says the prime rib has to be the only star of the show? The vegetables in this easy prime rib recipe soak up all the flavors from the roast, making them super flavorful. The meat and vegetables would taste amazing drizzled with this horseradish sauce recipe.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: approximately 75 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes (approximately)
Servings: 10 to 12
- 1 prime rib roast (about 5 pounds), at room temperature
- 6 - 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 - 5 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic and herbs. Mix well.
- Put all the vegetables into a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Season the roast all over with salt and pepper. Set the roast on top of the vegetables. Rub the butter mixture all over the prime rib.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 45 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F and continue baking until internal temperature reaches desired doneness, about 30 minutes more. Remove the roast from the oven and let it rest at least 20 minutes before slicing.
- Rare: 120 - 125 degrees F (bright red center)
- Medium Rare: 130 to 135 degrees F (very pink center)
- Medium: 140 to 145 degrees F (pink center, brown edges)
- Medium Well: 150 to 155 degrees F (no pink)
- Well Done: 160 degrees F and up (brown throughout)
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.