Vegetable Pasta Soup Recipe With Pesto & Parmesan: This Comforting Vegetable Soup Recipe Cooks in 20 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Vegetable pasta soup is always a great meal on cool nights, but top it with pesto and Parmesan and it goes up a few rungs on the delicious ladder. Better yet? This vegetable and pasta soup recipe cooks in about 20 minutes!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1/3 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- pesto, for serving
- grated Parmesan, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- In a large soup pot, cook the onion, carrots and celery in the olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans, zucchini and thyme. Cook about 3 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then add the pasta and white beans. Cover and cook until pasta is tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with a dollop of pesto and some Parmesan cheese.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ditalini Pasta $1 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Pesto $3 & Up
White Beans $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.