20-Minute Filet Mignon Recipe With Light Béarnaise Sauce: Quick & Romantic by 30Seconds Food
Some romantic dinners for Valentine's Day take forever to cook and prepare. But if you make this easy filet mignon recipe with béarnaise sauce you could be enjoying your meal in about 20 minutes. This is also a lighter béarnaise sauce so it's easier on the waistline.
The filet mignons are simply seasoned with salt and pepper before being cooked in a skillet to desired doneness. While the steaks rest, make the béarnaise sauce. An egg yolk, water, melted butter, lemon juice and fresh chives are cooked until thick and creamy. The rich sauce is the perfect complement to this juicy steak.
Serve this fantastic steak recipewith a fresh vegetable, potato, salad or your favorite side dishes. If you're not a fan of filet mignon, you could use ribeye, T-bone, New York strip, sirloin or even flank steak orhanger steak.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: approximately 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 filet mignons
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- chopped fresh chives (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Season the filets with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook about 5 minutes. Flip them over and cook about 3 to 5 more minutes or until desired doneness. Remove steak, cover with foil and let it rest while you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, beat the egg yolk and water together over a double boiler (or a metal mixing bowl set over a pot of boiling water) until frothy, whisking constantly, about 3 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat. Add the butter and whisk to combine. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the chives, if using.
- To serve, drizzle the sauce over the steaks.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Double Boilers $15 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.