Tasty Turmeric Chicken Stew Recipe Cooks in Less Than 30 Minutes by Sarah Amona
Seasoned with healthy turmeric and full of protein-rich chicken and vegetables, this easy recipe should be printed out ASAP (see print button above). This turmeric chicken stew recipe with tender kabocha squash and eggplant can easily be doubled for families.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 18 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups kabocha squash, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups eggplant, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup water
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Add kabocha squash and onion. Cook and stir until onion is translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add eggplant, garlic, ginger, and turmeric. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add water and cook until thickened, about 20 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
First, I added a large potato to make it hardier, but honestly the Kobacha squash was probably enough, I would probably add more next time. I like spicy, so I added some siriachi, and also added 1/4 teaspoon of cumin, cinnamon, graham marsala and oregano, salt and pepper. Also added the juice from 1 lime. Came out awesome. The squash was really good.
I'm sure the original recipe is quite good, I was afraid it was going to be a bit too mild for my taste .