Best Basic Spritz Cookie Recipe: A Tender, Moist Spritz Cookie Recipe for Holiday Baking by Donna John
My cookie press gets quite the workout around the holidays. Why? Because shaped holiday spritz cookies are so easy to make and look great on that Christmas cookie tray. Here's a no-fail, basic spritz cookie recipe. Don't have a cookie press? Buy one!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 7 minutes
Total time: 15 to 17 minutes
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract (or your favorite baking extract)
- food coloring (optional)
- cookie decorations: sprinkles, cookie icing, etc. (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Stir in the flour, salt, egg and extract. If using food coloring, add a few drops to get desired color.
- Put the dough into a cookie press. Make shapes on a cookie sheet. Decorate as desired.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 5 to 7 minutes or until they are set but not brown. Remove and cool. If decorating after baking, let them cool completely.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Manual Cookie Presses $10 & Up
Battery Cookie Presses $10 & Up
Cookie Sheets $7 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Christmas Sprinkles $3 & Up
Cookie Icing $3 & Up
Food Coloring $4 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Almond Extract $3 & Up
Baking Extracts $3 & Up
Electric Mixers $12 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.