Easy Pumpkin Flatbread Recipe: These Golden Pumpkin Flatbreads are a Fall Favorite by 30Seconds Food
Flatbread recipes are a fan favorite, especially for get-togethers with friends and family, because they're so simple to make and everyone loves them! If you've tried our Indian flatbread recipe, now is a fun time to try this fall favorite – pumpkin flatbread. It's similar to naan, but with the pumpkin flavor we love this time of year.
All you need in order to make this savory autumn flatbread recipe are flour, chickpea flour, baking powder, garlic salt, thyme, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil and water. You make the vegetarian dough, let it rest for 20 minutes, cut it into pieces then fry them until they're golden. Wow!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (or use more all-purpose flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You could try this recipe with mashed butternut squash instead.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, chickpea flour, baking powder, garlic powder and dried thyme in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the pumpkin, 1 tablespoon of oil and water. Mix until it looks like crumbs. Pour the mixture onto a floured work surface and knead for about 1 minute or until it forms a soft dough. Cover and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Cut the dough into four pieces. Roll each piece into a circle. Brush both sides of the dough circles with the 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the flatbreads and cook until golden on both sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 5.3g
Saturated Fat: 0.9g
Total Carbohydrate: 42.2g
Dietary Fiber: 6.2g
Total Sugars: 3.9g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.