Pesto Pasta Soup Recipe With Cannellini Beans & Spinach Is the New Way to Pesto by 30Seconds Food
Love pesto but need new ways to use it? This flavor-packed pesto pasta soup recipe has pesto flavor as well as tender beans, pasta and healthy spinach. If you want more protein, add cooked, chopped chicken. Serve with crusty bread.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup short pasta
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans or canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 2 - 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 - 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot. Add the carrot, celery and onion. Cook until softened, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and pasta and bring to a boil. Simmer until pasta is almost tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the beans, pesto, spinach and chicken, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer about 5 more minutes. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese when serving, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Pesto $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Short Pasta $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Cannellini Beans $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.