Old-fashioned Scalloped Cabbage Recipe: This Cheesy Cabbage Casserole Is Beyond Delicious by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese or yellow cheddar cheese (or a combination)
- 1 tablespoon butter
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the cabbage in boiling, salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well and return to pot. Add the butter and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the white sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Slowly pour in the milk, whisking, and cook until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- In an oiled casserole dish, makes layers with the cabbage, cheese and sauce, ending with the sauce. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake about 5 minutes more.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.