Quick Taco Casserole Recipe: This Ground Beef Mexican Casserole Recipe Is Tasty & Family Friendly by Ann Marie G.H. Patitucci
- It’s a one-pan dish.
- It’s quick to put together and bakes in just 20 minutes.
- If your kids like tacos, they should like this, too!
You can use different variations of canned tomatoes and cheeses to make this Mexican, Italian or Greek, etc. It’s easily customizable to your taste preferences, even if you aren’t a whiz in the kitchen (like me!).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen, cut spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened (I prefer Philadelphia brand)
- 1 can (14 ounces) Mexican-style diced tomatoes (type of tomatoes and spiciness per your preference), drained
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- shredded cheese (cheddar, Colby Jack and Monterey Jack work well)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the beef in a large skillet until no longer pink. When almost done, add the onion and continue cooking until translucent. Drain.
- Add the spinach to the meat mixture and cook for a few minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the cream cheese, drained tomatoes and corn.
- Pour the mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mexican-Style Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Whole Kernel Corn $1 & Up
Casserole Dishes $10 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.