Creamy Icelandic Fish Stew Recipe Is Easy & Absolutely Delicious by Katie Smith
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds cod, halibut or other whitefish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped leek
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 box (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 small Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- chopped fresh chives, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter and olive oil. Add the leeks, celery and onion. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, curry powder and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Add the potatoes. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the fish and cook 2 to 4 minutes or until fish is just done. Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped fresh chives.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Curry Powder $3 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.