The Absolute Creamiest Macaroni & Cheese Recipe You Will Ever Make in 20 Minutes by Donna John
When asked to bring a recipe to a potluck, family gathering or holiday party, there are some that make you a little nervous. Macaroni and cheese is one of those recipes for me. By the time you get to the event, it's usually congealed and thickened and nothing like it was before the trek.
This is the macaroni and cheese recipe I decided to make for Thanksgiving this year. It is the absolute creamiest mac and cheese recipe I've ever made, and even when it did thicken up a bit on the drive, when reheated it still was creamy and delicious. If you love ultra creamy macaroni and cheese or need a side dish recipe that travels well, this is the one to try.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni or your favorite short pasta, cooked al dente according to package directions (I used mini penne)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 4 - 4 1/2 cups milk, warmed (I used milk and half and half)
- 8 ounces shredded white cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot. Whisk in the flour and cook about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the warm milk and cook until it thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- Stir until completely melted and thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked pasta.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.