Mock Coconut Pie Recipe: You Will Not Believe What This Pie Is Made With by Sarah Amona
The crustless pie filling is made with Splenda (or your favorite sweetener), an egg, light butter, fresh lemon juice, vanilla extract, shredded cooked spaghetti squash, coconut extract and cinnamon for the top. The ingredients are combined and poured into a ramekin before serving baked for about 45 minutes. You could double or triple the recipe and cook it in a pie plate.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes
- 3 packets Splenda
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon light butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked, shredded spaghetti squash
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract (I didn't have any but I plan to add this next time and leave off the cinnamon)
- cinnamon, for dusting
Here's how to make it:
- Beat the Splenda and egg together until light and frothy. Beat in lemon juice, vanilla and butter until well blended. Stir in spaghetti squash. Pour the mixture into a ramekin. Dust the top with cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes. Cool on a rack before serving.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.