5-Ingredient Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe Is So Easy to Make by 30Seconds Food
Four ingredients, really, if you want to count the two types of cheese as one ingredient. This cheesy chicken enchilada casserole recipe is simple to make and will warm you up.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chicken and enchilada sauce into a saucepan. Cover and cook gently, stirring often, until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove the chicken to a bowl and shred. (Keep the enchilada sauce it cooked in.)
- Spread some of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Cover with 2 tortillas, 1/3 of the shredded chicken, 1/3 of the remaining enchilada sauce and 1/3 of the cheese. Top with 2 more tortillas and repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.