Cheesy Spaetzle Casserole Recipe Is Like a German Macaroni & Cheese by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 minutes for dough to rest
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bag (5 ounces) baby spinach
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere, white cheddar, mozzarella or your favorite cheese (divided)
- 3 - 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the beaten eggs and mix well. Slowly add the milk until smooth. Let the mixture sit for about 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Press the spaetzle dough through the holes of a colander into the boiling water. Cook until the spaetzle floats to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add 1 cup of the cheese and the cooked onions and spinach. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish. Top with the remaining cheese and bacon. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.