6-Ingredient Honey Soy Baked Chicken Recipe Is a Flavorful Budget Dinner by 30Seconds Food
All the ingredients in the marinade are heavy hitters, so this easy honey soy baked chicken recipe packs a punch. What it doesn't take a punch at is your wallet! This is a budget-friendly recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Fresh minced garlic, fresh grated ginger, olive oil, soy sauce and honey are mixed together to create the flavorful marinade. The chicken marinates in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to overnight. The marinated chicken is put into a baking dish and baked in the oven until cooked through, about 45 minutes depending on the size of your chicken legs.
This Asian-inspired baked chicken recipe would be incredible served with fried rice and stir-fried vegetables. If you have any leftovers, reheat it for leftovers the next night or pick the chicken meat off the bone and make chicken salad with mayonnaise, chopped green onions and sliced almonds or cashews. Delish!
Prep Time: 1 hour to marinate
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 4 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 12)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the garlic, ginger, olive oil, soy sauce and honey in a plastic zipper bag. Squish the bag to mix all the ingredients.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Put it into the marinade. Marinate at least 1 hour in the refrigerator and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, put the chicken into a baking pan. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $8 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
Soy Sauce $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Plastic Zipper Bags $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.