20-Minute Salmon Recipe With Orange Butter Sauce Is Gourmet Fast by 30Seconds Food
This perfectly pan-seared salmon is bathed in a citrusy, orange and lemon butter sauce. Oh. My. With minimal ingredients, this easy salmon recipe is ready in about 20 minutes and will impress your family.
The skillet salmon recipe is made with orange, lemon, white wine, shallots, garlic and butter. First the sauce is made, then the salmon quickly pan-seared until it's flaky and juicy. Drizzle the sauce all over the fish and you have a winning dinner or lunch.
Serve this salmon with orange butter sauce with a salad and fresh vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, green beans or carrots. This easy recipe is also good for meal prepping.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20
Total Time: 25
- 4 salmon filets
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, cut into pieces
Here's how to make it:
- To make the orange butter sauce, put the zest, juice, wine and shallots into a saucepot. Over low heat, cook until shallots are soft and liquid reduces slightly, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Turn the heat off and slowly start whisking in the butter, a piece at a time, until melted and thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Cook the fish about 4 to 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Spoon the orange butter sauce over the fish and garnish with chopped chives and more zest, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.