Rich French Silk Pie Recipe: OMG This Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe Is Delicious by Ann Marie Patitucci
I found this French silk pie recipe on 30Seconds.com and made it for Thanksgiving last year. It was easier than I expected and my family was very impressed!
This creamy chocolate pie recipe is rich and delicious and a nice change from the typical chocolate pie recipe. If you want to make it extra easy on yourself, use a frozen crust (I did!)
This is a traditional recipe for French silk pie, which means it calls for raw eggs. If you have any concerns about foodborne illness, consider using pasteurized eggs, which have been heated so that any bacteria is likely killed. This helps to reduce the risk of foodborne illness, such as salmonella, while keeping the eggs raw. You should be able to find pasteurized eggs at the grocery store (and we think this recipe is so delicious that it just may be worth the trip)!
If you would rather try a pie without raw eggs, try mocha cream pie, grandma's custard pie, sugar cream pie or blueberry vanilla custard pie.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hours to chill
Total Time: 40 minutes plus 2 hours to chill
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pie crust (I used frozen and followed the directions on the package)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (3 ounces chopped and the rest for the topping)
- 1 cup real butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- whipped cream or frozen whipped topping (I used Cool Whip)
- shaved chocolate
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the pie crust in a 450-degree F oven until golden brown (or per package directions if using frozen crust). Cool.
- In a pot, melt the chocolate over low heat. Cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until fluffy.
- Slowly add in the sugar and continue to beat until fluffy.
- Add the cooled chocolate and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat about 2 minutes between each addition until smooth. Pour into the pie shell.
- Refrigerate until cold and set, at least 2 hours. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings/curls before serving, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Unsweetened Chocolate $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.