Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe With Italian Sausage: A Comforting 20-Minute Italian Tomato Soup Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Creamy tomato soup with Italian sausage is a comforting, satisfying lunch or dinner that's ready in about 20 minutes. You could use hot, mild or sweet Italian sausage to fit your family's tastes. Serve with crusty bread and a crisp salad.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 stick butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a soup pot. Whisk in the flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly start pouring in the chicken broth until smooth.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, basil and oregano. With an immersion blender, blend until almost smooth, leaving a few chunks. Bring to a simmer and cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- While the soup simmers, cook the Italian sausage in a skillet until browned and cooked through.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, half and half and cooked sausage to the soup. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 more minutes. Add crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Dried Basil $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Immersion Blenders $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.