20-Minute Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe With Italian Sausage by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 stick butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a soup pot. Whisk in the flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly start pouring in the chicken broth until smooth.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, basil and oregano. With an immersion blender, blend until almost smooth, leaving a few chunks. Bring to a simmer and cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- While the soup simmers, cook the Italian sausage in a skillet until browned and cooked through.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, half and half and cooked sausage to the soup. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 more minutes. Add crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Dried Basil $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Immersion Blenders $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.