Chicken "Cheesesteak" Skillet Recipe: Healthy 20-Minute Stir-fried Chicken Recipe With Peppers & Cheese by 30Seconds Food
"We’ve got tender perfectly seasoned chicken strips quickly stir-fried along with flavorful onions and tender-crisp sweet peppers topped with a thin layer of melty cheese. This one is known to make even the pickiest family member happy!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "Feel free to use beef, bison, turkey or pork strips instead of the chicken if that’s what you have on hand. Often I’ll add additional peppers and even mushrooms when I have them."
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or provolone cheese
- finely chopped fresh parsley and fresh lime wedges, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Sprinkle the chicken with all of the seasonings. Rub all the seasonings into your chicken and allow to dry marinate for 15 minutes, if you have the time. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally for about 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to a low and stir in the onions and the peppers. Continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, or until onions are softened and peppers are tender-crisp. If your skillet starts to brown on the bottom, you can add a few tablespoons of water.
- Top everything with the shredded cheese. Cover the skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more, or until the cheese is melty.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with lime wedges.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Ground Cayenne $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Avocado Oil $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.