Slow-cooker Creamy Tortellini Recipe With Sausage & Spinach: A Hearty 5-Ingredient Pasta Recipe by Ann Marie Patitucci
Dinner time can be a challenge for my family. I’ll be honest: cooking tends to stress me out. I’m not naturally good at it, my older son and I are picky eaters, and two of us are carnivores while two of us are CARBivores. Therefore, it’s tricky finding a recipe that I enjoy cooking and everyone equally enjoys eating.
I found this slow-cooker creamy tortellini and sausage soup recipe on 30Seconds.com and it was a hit! It seemed more like a pasta dish with a creamy tomato sauce than a soup recipe to me. Either way, it was delicious. My entire family loved it and said they’d like me to make it again (though the carnivores requested more sausage next time!). I hope your family enjoys it, too. I served it with garlic bread.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 to 7 hours
Total Time: 3 to 7 hours
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) sausage (I used mild Italian}
- 1 bag (5 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1 package (16 to 19 ounces) frozen tortellini or ravioli (I used tortellini)
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- garlic powder, to taste (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Remove cream cheese from foil and cut into five to six large chunks. Place in slow cooker.
- Cut sausages into four pieces each and place on top of cream cheese.
- Add spinach, tortellini and tomatoes to slow cooker. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder, if desired.
- Stir ingredients and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 7 hours. Stir well before serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.