Baked Pumpkin Patties Recipe: This Pumpkin Patties Recipe Is the New Thanksgiving Side Dish on the Block by 30Seconds Food
Baked, not fried, these pretty orange pumpkin patties make a great Thanksgiving side dish or lunch. Make smaller patties for a fun appetizer and serve them with low-fat yogurt or vegan yogurt tzatziki for dipping.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large russet potato
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
Here's how to make it:
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and add salt. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Carefully add potato. Reduce heat to medium and parboil potato 10 minutes. Remove potato and place in a bowl of ice water. When cool enough to handle, peel off the skin with the dull side of a knife. Coarsely grate the potato into a large bowl.
- Add pumpkin, scallions, garlic, egg, mint, dill, feta, pepper and bread crumbs. Mix with a rubber spatula.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Form about 2 tablespoons pumpkin mixture into a ball and flatten into a small patty. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture, spacing the patties about 1 inches apart.
- Spray the tops of the patties with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes, then flip and bake another 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Per Serving: Calories 170, Fat 7g, Sodium 430mg, Carbohydrates 21g, Fiber 1g, Sugar 5g, Protein 7g
Excerpted from The Everything Green Mediterranean Cookbook by Peter Minaki. Photographs by James Stefiuk. Copyright © 2021 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pumpkin Puree $2 & Up
Dried Mint $4 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Saucepans $10 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.