Grandma's Company Chicken Recipe: 4-Ingredient Baked Chicken Recipe Is Old-fashioned Goodness by Donna John
This baked chicken recipe is one of the first meals I learned to cook. The thought of buying jarred dried beef was odd to me, but this old-fashioned company chicken recipe just works. My grandma actually got this recipe from me, and quickly it become her recipe and not mine. But I didn't mind.
The baked chicken recipe has just four simple ingredients: bone-in chicken, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and jarred chipped beef. The cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and chopped dried chipped beef is mixed together in a casserole dish. The chicken is seasoned with salt and pepper and place on top of the creamy mixture. Bake the chicken in the oven for about 40 to 50 minutes or until cooked through. If you like, baste the chicken as it cooks with the sauce. I wait until serving to do this because I like my chicken skin crispy.
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs or your favorite chicken pieces (I used four huge chicken thighs)
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 jar (2.5 ounces) dried beef, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the sour cream, soup and dried beef in a casserole dish or baking pan.
- Put the chicken on top of the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with black pepper and a little salt.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 to 50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken. Serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.