Fabulous Fennel Gratin Recipe: Cheesy Baked Fennel Recipe With Parmesan & Mozzarella by 30Seconds Food
Fennel is a Blue Zone herb and one that's often overlooked while scavenging the produce department. One bite of this cheesy fennel gratin recipe and that will change. Why not surprise your family with this easy fennel recipe on Thanksgiving?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes
- 3 - 4 large fennel bulbs (from about 3 pounds with fronds), sliced
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the sliced fennel in salted, boiling water for about 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Combine the Parmesan, breadcrumbs and thyme in a bowl. Add half of the mixture to the fennel and toss to combine. Pour the fennel into an oiled casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and remaining breadcrumb mixture. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Casserole Dishes $9 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.