Chili Cheese Turkey Recipe: A Flavorful Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe Inspired By a Hot Dog by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours
Total Time: Up to 5 hours
- 1 10- to 16-pound turkey
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For Serving (see note)
- 2 pounds crinkle-cut fries
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup chili
- 1 large jalapeno, cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Mix all ingredients for the chili rub. Reserve 2 to 3 tablespoons of the rub for the finished turkey.
- Tear off a sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil that is 2 1/2 times longer than the turkey. Place in a roasting pan that is at least 2 inches deep.
- Remove neck and giblets from turkey, rinse and pat turkey dry. Place turkey lengthwise in center of foil sheet to cook. If desired, loosely stuff turkey.
- Coat turkey with chili rub.
- Close foil loosely by overlapping the ends. Turn up short sides of foil to hold in juices. Do not seal airtight. Place foil-wrapped turkey in roasting pan at least 2 inches deep. Insert a meat thermometer through the foil and into thickest part of the inner thigh, not touching the bone.
- Roast the turkey until the meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F, about 2 hours 45 minutes to 3 hours 15 minutes for a 14-pound unstuffed turkey.
- Transfer turkey to a serving dish. Sprinkle the reserved rub on top. Dress the plate with fries, chili, half of the shredded cheese, half of the red onions and half of the jalapenos. Drizzle sour cream on top of the turkey, then sprinkle on additional shredded cheese, red onion and jalapenos.
Note: Dressing quantities may vary depending on the size of your turkey and serving platter.
Source: Reynolds Consumer Products
Photos: Reynolds Consumer Products
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil $3 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Cayenne Pepper $2 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.