Loaded Cheesy Chicken Soup Recipe: A Tasty Version of the Crack Chicken Soup Recipe by Ann Marie Patitucci
My friend Beth is a wonderful cook who often shares cooking videos on social media. The other day she shared her recipe and cooking video for loaded cheesy chicken soup, which was inspired by a crack chicken soup recipe. The next day that feels like a perfect cool weather soup day, I hope you’ll enjoy this delicious chicken soup recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- I tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth (the original recipe called for 4 to 6 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar (the original recipe called for 1 cup cheddar)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 - 4 cups baby spinach or kale (Beth uses kale)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- sliced green onions, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook the bacon in a large soup pot. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the butter to the bacon grease and melt over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth and stir to remove the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, chives, salt and pepper. Add the bay leaf and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded chicken. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until completely combined. Add the shredded cheese and whisk until completely combined.
- Add spinach or kale and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and cook for 1 minute. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed. Remove the bay leaf. Top with green onions and bacon.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Low-Sodium Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Dried Dill $3 & Up
Dried Chives $3 & Up
Bay Leaves $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.